According to 3GPP , the following initial LTE requirements were specified.
- High data rates – (Downlink > 100 Mbps , Uplink > 50 Mbps )
- Low delay latency – ( User plane latency < 10 msec , Idle to active setup time < 100 msec )
- High spectral efficiency – (at least 3 times spectral efficiency target compared to 3G)
- Spectrum flexibility – (TDD and FDD operation mode available, 1.4 MHz, 3 MHz , 5 MHz , 10, MHz, 15 MHz and 20 MHz available)
- Simplicity – (Less signaling , Auto configuration eNodeB, self organization and self optimizing network )
- Focus on packet-switched services