You can answer questions like these in two ways.
- Based on numerical value of maximum throughput
- You can answer it by comparing it with Previous technologies such as as WCDMA ( HSPA )as LTE is an evolution from basic Release 6 HSPA.
LTE Compared to Uplink of HSPA Provides:
- 2-3 times improved average user throughput
- 2-3 times improved cell-edge user throughput
LTE Compared to Downlink of HSDPA Provides:
- 2-3 times improved average user throughput or very close to being achieved with MIMO techniques
- 3-4 times improved cell-edge user throughput for low speeds.