Discover the Course that can Help You Answer the Most Frequently Asked 4G LTE Interview Questions
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Thank you so much Azar for designing this course. It means so much for a guy like me who wants to start in RF vertical . I am also glad that you included Uplink Transmission scheme for LTE as well.
Sanket Kulkarni , RF Engineer, Verizon Wireless
4G LTE Interview Questions Bank
Most Frequently asked LTE Interview Questions and Answers with Additional Video Modules
Module 1: LTE FUNDAMENTALS
Module 2: Air Interface Protocols and Procedures
Module 3: Time Division Duplexing (TDD)
Module 4: Multi-Antenna Schemes
Module 5: Radio Frequency Requirements
Module 6: Radio Resource Management
Module 7: Mobility
Module 8: Scheduling and Quality of Service in LTE
Module 9: Frequently Asked Questions and Videos
Learn it anywhere. Start and End at your Convenience
Learn as you go and learn from anywhere.
Unlike a lot of other online courses, this course comes with Lifetime access for you. It starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
Life Time Access
No expiry date and unlimited access to the course.
After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Get Additional Help as Needed
What if you need additional help?
I would be more than happy to offer you additional support for your questions and queries.
Improve your Future in LTE.
(This is a Limited Time Offer)!
Normally $97 - Today Only $19
Find Out if This is the Course for You...
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS ?
Learners should have understanding of 4G LTE. The course is a mix of text format and video modules in question answer format to help you ace up and review concepts quickly. In order to get maximum benefit from this course. The prerequiste for this course are that you need to be familiar with understanding of 4G LTE architecture and its operation. You should be aware of how LTE air interface works. What are the key configuration components in LTE ? How LTE Optimization works.
WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE ?
The course is for ANYONE who is appearing for an interview in 4G LTE RF related role. This course is NOT for you if you do not have knowledge of LTE Air Interface operations, configuration and LTE Optimization.
All the Answers You Could Ask for, In One Place...
Each module has Pre and Post exercises to evaluate where you stand with your existing and expanding knowledge. Each module is dedicated on an important aspect of 4G LTE technology and help prepare you for the real world of frequent LTE interview questions, so you can put your best face forward.
LTE FUNDAMENTALS covers:
- What is LTE?
- What is SAE?
- What are the naming conventions in SAE/LTE?
- How do Subscribers benefit from services provided by LTE?
- Can GSM and WCDMA work seamlessly with LTE?
- Will LTE replace fixed Broadband?
- Which spectrum LTE uses?
- What kind of bit rates LTE can deliver?
- What latency is expected in LTE system?
- Does LTE provide voice service?
- Does LTE have a new core network compared to 3G?
- What is the difference between FDD and TDD mode in LTE?
- How does LTE Support operators to reduce OPEX?
- What was the objective of 3GPP in terms of LTE requirements?
- Explain Downlink and Uplink transmission scheme in LTE?
- What is the concept of Cyclic prefix in LTE?
- What uplink transmission scheme is used in LTE?
- What DL transmission scheme is used in LTE?
- What are the theoretical peak data rate assumptions in LTE?
- What is the control plane latency in LTE?
- What is the User plane latency in LTE?
- What is the bearer concept supported by the EPS?
- What is the composition of EPC?
- What is the composition of E-UTRAN?
- Can LTE system be deployed in a network already supporting 2G or 3G?
- What is the functionality of MME node?
- What is the functionality of P/S-GW node?
- Why do we need pooling of MME and SGW?
- What is the eNodeB functionality?
- What protocols are involved in the control plane of LTE?
- What the EPS mobility management states?
- What are the possible RRC states?
- What is the difference between 3GPP and non-3GPP technologies?
Air Interface Protocols and Procedures covers:
- What is random access procedure?
- What is the purpose of contention free random-access procedure?
- What is contention resolution in Random access procedure?
- What is the meaning of random access back-off procedure?
- What are user plane protocol stack in LTE?
- Why do we need uplink time alignment in RRC connected mode?
- What is the purpose of MAC layer in LTE?
- How does HARQ operate?
- What is the purpose of RLC layer?
- What is the purpose of PDCP layer?
- What is the purpose of Physical layer?
- What are the available transport channels in LTE?
- What available logical channels exist in LTE?
- What is the mapping between logical channel, transport channel and physical channels?
- What are the physical channels and signals used in LTE?
- What is the structure of the downlink physical resource in LTE?
- What is the difference between normal and extended cyclic prefix in LTE Downlink transmission?
- What reference signals are defined for LTE Downlink transmission?
- What is the procedure for Downlink L1/L2 Control signaling in LTE?
- Why Blind decoding is used for PDCCH?
- How is Power Control used in LTE Downlink?
- How is Power Control used in LTE Uplink?
- What is Link Adaptation?
- How is Link Adaptation used in LTE Downlink?
- How is Link Adaptation used in LTE Uplink?
- How does paging work in LTE?
- What reference signals are defined for LTE Uplink Transmission?
- How is Uplink Transmit Timing Control Handled in LTE?
- Does Uplink Time alignment remain valid for UE all the time?
Time Division Duplexing (TDD) covers:
- How does time domain structure look for LTE FDD?
- How does time domain structure look for LTE TDD?
- Why has 3GPP standardized LTE both for FDD and TDD?
- What is FDD, TDD and Half Duplex FDD?
- What are the major differences between LTE TDD and LTE FDD?
- What are the required guard periods between UL and DL for LTE TDD mode of Operation?
- How can LTE TDD efficiently co-exist with other LTE or Legacy TDD Networks?
- How is Cell Search performed in LTE FDD?
- What are the LTE TDD specific Layer 1 characteristics?
- What are the considerations for network synchronization and coordination for LTE TDD mode of operation?
- What is the impact of L1/L2 control signaling for LTE TDD?
Multi-Antenna Schemes covers:
- What is the purpose of having multi-antenna processing in LTE?
- What are the principles behind the advanced multi-antenna techniques targeted for LTE?
- What is the difference between Channel Rank and Transmission Rank?
- How would you differentiate between peak rate and coverage with respect to user position?
- What is precoding?
- Is Precoding preferred in FDD or TDD?
- Does SNR improvement depend on the number of antennas?
- How does MIMO channel properties affect the choice of transmission scheme?
- What distinguishes beamforming from precoding?
- What are the multi-antenna transmission schemes for the downlink transport channel in LTE?
- What are the Uplink Multi-Antenna schemes in LTE?
- How many transmission modes and associated transmission schemes are defined in 3GPP?
Radio Frequency Requirements covers:
- What are the minimum allowable bandwidth options in LTE?
- What is the relationship between channel bandwidth, transmission bandwidth configuration and transmission bandwidth with respect to resource blocks?
- What are the spectrum bands defined by 3GPP for LTE?
- What additional frequency bands are being considered for LTE?
- What are the policy and planning bodies for regional RF requirements for LTE?
- List the major eNodeB transmitter requirements for LTE?
- List the major eNodeB receiver requirements for LTE?
- What are the channel bandwidths supported by the UE?
- What different UE power classes have been defined?
- What different LTE UE categories have been defined?
- What is the purpose of radio resource management in LTE?
- What are the RRM functions that are supported in LTE?
- What are the RRM related measurements in LTE?
- Can you answer any questions related to RRM procedures over the X2 and S1 interfaces?
- Pre-Learning Assessment
- Post Learning Assessment
Radio Resource Management covers:
- List basic X2 Application Protocol (X2AP) mobility operation procedures?
- What are the procedures for Inter-RAT radio resource management?
- How is Intra-LTE handover for UEs in EMM Connected mode handled?
- What measurements are performed in connection with the Intra-LTE handover procedure?
- How is packet forwarding handled in LTE during Handover?
- How is security maintained during Intra-LTE handover execution?
- How intra-LTE handover error cases are handled?
- How tracking area update takes place during mobility?
- How many eNodeBs can be connected to an SGW in a live network?
- Can X2 handover take place without CN signaling?
- What are the agreed state transitions between 2G/3G and LTE?
- What is meant by Mobility IP Point of Presence
- What nodes are involved for IP PoP in LTE?
Scheduling and Quality of Service in LTE covers:
- How can you describe the basic downlink scheduling?
- How CQI is defined and used in LTE scheduling?
- How you can describe basic Uplink scheduling concept?
- What are the basic ideas behind scheduling multiple users in the Uplink?
- How is semi-persistent scheduling used to minimize the signaling load?
- What is the agreed QoS concept for EPC / E-UTRAN?
- What terminology is used in the area of QoS and bearers?
- What is the difference between GBR versus non-GBR and Real time versus non-Real time (NRT) service?
- How can you divide the total cell capacity into GBR and non-GBR requirements?
Frequently Asked Questions and Videos covers:
- Initial Tuning and Drive Testing?
- Accessibility and Retainability Low and High and Vice Versa?
- Poor Accessibility due to Bad RF?
- QCI 1 or QCI 5 Priority?
- How to mitigate external interference using Uplink Power?
- What is Retainability KPI? How would you define it?
- How would you try to fix Retainability KPI in 4 steps?
- Default and Dedicated Bearer
- What is the relationship between KPIs and System Characterization?
- What is Accessibility KPI?
- What are Integrity KPIs?
- How would you approach to improve Throughput?
- How would you investigate Latency issues?
- What are the difference phases which take place during a handover?
- How to investigate Handover Preparation Phase failure?
- How to investigate Handover Execution Phase Failure?
- Types of RAN Services?
Make the Right Choice.
Enroll Now for this Limited Time Offer!
Normally $97 - Today Only $19
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If you aren't fully satisfied with the content of this course by 30 days in, just let us know and we'll send you a prompt refund.